Cardio Q&A - Breast Cancer Prevention
Prevention is more important than just awareness. I want you to know that breast cancer is only 5-10% genetic, which means your lifestyle choices really matter.
Most important to know is that breast cancer is predominantly hormonally driven. Estrogen dominance can lead to breast cancer, so if you have symptoms of fibroids, cysts, migraines/headaches, heavy painful periods, mood swings, weight gain, foggy thinking, weight Gain in butt, hips, thighs, and water retention. Please do not ignore these symptoms. Get your estrogen levels checked.
2 things you can do today -
- Appropriate hormone balancing workouts.
- We know physically active women have a lower risk of breast cancer.
- Exercise can decrease your risk by 35%. Want to do aerobic and anaerobic, which means you want to do cardio and strength training. Does not have to be extreme to get the benefits even moderate exercise is beneficial.
- Positive biological and hormonal effect on the body by decreasing circulating estrogen and increasing SHBG that binds up free estrogen and boosts the immune system.
- Does not mean exercise alone can prevent it, which is why what you eat also matters tremendously.
- Nourishing your body with foods that help to balance your hormones and work to prevent breast cancer.
- Green tea - Most powerful intervention you can do, especially for breast cancer. It targets cancer cells, disrupting its genetic make up. in addition to helping support healthy estrogen levels in the body.
- Eat from the brassica family. Cruciferous vegetables - Brussel sprouts, broccoli sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower - sulfur - detox liver. Healthier liver is more hormonally balanced your body will be.
- Fiber - We know research proves that a diet rich in fruits and vegetables reduces our risk. Controls blood sugar levels and decreases estrogen levels.
I encourage you to just start today making these things a priority and thinking of how you can positively impact your long term health.
You want to eat and move in a way that will help keep your hormones balanced and in turn will help prevent breast cancer.
- Get consistent with your workouts. If you need help with this, you can get a free sample, click here to get A Taste of RE:Defined.
- Add in foods that research has proven to help balance your hormones and prevent and reduce your risk of breast cancer. Like green tea, hibiscus tea, leafy green, fruits, vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, raw carrots, etc.
Don't put it off. What you do matters. There is so much in your control. Do what you can to prevent breast cancer.