Positive Body Image RE:Defined
Jul 01, 2020
RE:Defined Positive Body Image
Do positive affirmations even work? If not done properly they do NOT work.
Positive affirmations are statements we tell ourselves that we do not really believe.
May make you feel better initially, but if your belief system has not changed you will not change. It is a temporary fix. To make these affirmations work we have to do the work to get to the core belief. We have to actually heal the wound not just cover it up.
What affirmations start out to you? Why do you have that need? Then you can get to the core issue of why you need this affirmation. Our mindset is essential to make a change.
Driving force? Deal with the why? Childhood experience, comments made, past or current hurts, can all impact the thought and beliefs we have. Have to change the belief system FIRST, then use the affirmations to reinforce. It becomes a reminder.
- Identify Cause.
- Do the change.
- Affirmation Reminders
- I love _______ about my body because it makes me special and unique
- I love and accept my body just as it is today
- My body is perfect in its own way and does not need to look like anyone else’s
- I take care of my body and my body takes care of me
- I love my body because it allow me to experience the world around me and try new things
- I love my body along every step of my journey
- I feel blessed with good health
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I am worth more than my appearance
- I am ENOUGH
- I am grateful for everything my body allows me to do
- I will not listen to the negative voices in my head
- I love that woman staring back at me in the mirror
- My body is my home and I will build it up, not tear it down
- My body is one of a kind
- I will treat my body with respect
- I will not compare myself to other women
- My body is strong
- My body deserves kindness
- My body takes me places
- My body can move
- My body helps me play
- My arms give good hugs
- My legs allow me to move
- I can trust my body
- I am thankful for my body. I want to treat it with love and respect
- I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection
- I workout because I love my body, not because I hate it
- I am strong
- Happiness is beautiful
- My body is the most precious gift
- I feel healthier everyday
- I am filled with energy
- I choose health, happiness, and love for myself and others
- I am well, strong, and thriving
- Love always heals
- My body has remarkable healthing abilities
- I can and I will.
- I can be a good example to other women and girls about how to love their body.
- I am whole
- I let go of all that no longer serves me
- I am in control
- I am successful
- I am worthy
- What I do matters
- I forgive myself and others
- I love and accept myself
- I feel strong and confident in my body
- My body radiates beautiful kindness
- I enjoy feeling good about my body
- I am thankful for my strength
- I am learning how to love my body.
- My body deserves to be taken care of so I feed it nourishing food and energizing exercise
“Hating myself has never made me thin. Loving myself won’t make me gain weight”