Help while in the process:
1. Wear a panty liner, pad, or bladder support
2. Modify the high intensity - Jump rope with one foot on the ground instead of both feet, keep feet on or closer to the ground. Work your way up to jump roping with step ups, jog in place, or an exercise that you are able to do. Raise hands above your head to keep your heart rate up, if you need to avoid any jumping. Lift pelvic floor and do a kegel while engaging in higher intensity moves.
3. If in your reproductive years and you have a cycle, you can move the workouts around during the week to fit your cycle. During the first half of your cycle and even the first week in luteal phase you may find you have no problem at all, but during the 2nd half of luteal phase (pms time) you may notice you have less bladder control. Simply switch the strength training and jump rope workouts during that week, to reduce any frustration. Do the jump rope workouts when your estrogen is naturally higher and bladder is naturally stronger.
Tools to help get stronger:
Not seeing progress after 3 weeks? Do you need more help?
1. Have your doctor check for prolapse
2. See a pelvic floor physical therapist
If you have low estrogen you may have a hard time focusing, unpredictable moods, irritable, angry, cranky, dry, feel like you don't look as good as you used to, hungrier, diminished libido, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, and joint pain.
When estrogen is in balance you will feel successful, balanced and sensual. Feel joy and more loving. Boosted sex drive. Regular periods. Feel less stressed and overwhelmed. More stable mood. Improved brain function the fog lifts and memory improves. Less joint pain. Normal appetite
Low estrogen stimulates appetite. Lower your estrogen hungrier you become.
Our hormones impact our moods so much for example estradiol impacts our serotonin levels, which is a feel good neurotransmitter.
Food impacts estradiol levels, so it is important that your nourishing your body with real Whole Foods. Lots of vegetables, fruit, and clean animal protein.
1. Eliminate Gluten - Gluten intolerance linked to altered estrogen levels.
2. Add flaxseeds - phytoestrogens 2 tablespoons 2x per day reduce hot flashes
3. Caution with coffee and caffeine - decrease estrogen.
4. Enjoy hibiscus tea that naturally helps balance hormones and raise good estrogen.
5. Phytoestrogens - Flaxseeds, sesame seeds, lentils, dried apricots, peaches, strawberries, wild rice, and chickpeas.
2.Dr. Ron’s Mag Max - fatigue, hot flashes, 400mg
3.Maca- 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp in the morning or before 2pm. Take for 6 weeks then take one week off. Cycle adaptogemoc herbs on and off. Maca increases estradiol - help insomnia, and anxiety, depression, memory concentration, energy, hot flashes, improve libido, and lower anxiety.
4. Fish Oil 1.5 tsp may also want to take Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega for additional omegas especially if having joint pain, inflammation, and mood issues. Also if you struggle to take the cod liver oil consistently the Nordic naturals will help make sure your getting the omega 3 essential vitamins you need.
Give yourself some time to see improvements. It is a muscle that gets weaker as we age, so it is crucial that you take the necessary steps and time to strengthen this important muscle.
All my best,
P.S. If you find this helpful, I encourage you to check out my coaching program, RE:Defined Rx with the 10 day free trial.